Adopting animals in Fire Emblem Engage is a great way to get your hands on some rare and useful items without having to fight.
With 23 animals in the game, and each of them providing different resources, some are better than others. Specifically, some of the best animals in Fire Emblem include any variation of the Elyosian dog due to providing silver and any animal that awards rare materials.
If you’re more interested in the recruitable characters instead, consider checking out our list of all characters in the game and how to unlock them.
In this guide, I will list all animals in Fire Emblem Engage and mention which are the best ones to adopt.
How to Adopt Animals in Fire Emblem Engage
Adopting animals in Fire Emblem Engage is done in between battles. Specifically, while walking around the battlefield after the battle is over, you can find animals roaming around.
From there, the only thing you need to do is approach the animal you want to adopt and interact with it.
Keep in mind that some animals have specific requirements where the player needs to have a good donation level with the region they are currently in.
All Animals in Fire Emblem Engage
These are all the animals in the game, the locations they can be found, and the materials they provide. In addition, I’ve mentioned which animals require increasing donation levels to unlock them.
- Aura Eagle – Brodia – Meat (adopting requires Brodia donation level 2)
- Black Elyosian Dog – Multiple locations – Silver ingot
- Brodian Cat – Brodia – Herring
- Calisson Chicken – Firene – Eggs (adopting requires Firene donation level 2)
- Elusian Cat – Elusia – Cod (adopting requires Elusia donation level 2)
- Elyosian Dog – Multiple locations – Silver ingot
- Elyosian Pidgeon – Mulitple locations – Nuts
- Elyosian Seagull – Solm – Nuts
- Elyosian Sheep – Firene – Milk
- Firenese Cat – Firene – Carp (adopting requires Firene donation level 2)
- Hop Rabbit – Multiple locations – Berries
- Mere Donkey – Firene – Rare Vegetables (adopting requires Firene donation level 2)
- Iris Owl – Elusia – Berries
- Northern Freecat – Multiple locations – Fish
- Panna Camel – Solm – Beans, rice, spices (adopting requires Solm donation level 2)
- Rutile Marmot – Brodia – Rare fruit (adopting requires Brodia donation level 2)
- Solmic Cat – Solm – Eel (adopting requires Solm donation level 2)
- Southern Freecat – Multiple locations – Salmon
- Tartu Flamingo – Solm – Rare fish (adopting requires Solm donation level 2)
- Vervain Deer – Elusia – Rare vegetables (adopting requires Elusia donation level 2)
- Western Freecat – Firene – Sardines
- White Elyosian Dog – Multiple locations – Steel ingot
- White Hop Rabbit – Brodia – Berries
Best Animals to Adopt in Fire Emblem Engage
In terms of the best animal to adopt, the answer is that it depends on what materials you’re looking for and which animals you can adopt.
If you haven’t progressed with donation levels yet, I recommend starting out with the Elyosian Dog (normal, white, or black) or the Elyosian Sheep. This is because silver ingots and milk are essential materials and having a stockpile will be helpful early in the game.
Especially when trying to upgrade weapons, such as the Levin sword, silver will be a key resource.
Otherwise, aim for any animal that can give rare fish and vegetables. While these require a higher donation level, the rare materials are well worth it.
To sum up, these are all the animals in Fire Emblem Engage as well as the resources they provide, where to find them, and some tips on the best ones to adopt.
What’s your favorite animal in the game? Do you choose based on appearance or the materials they provide? Let us know in the comments below.