One of the best gear upgrades in Chained Echoes is getting ultimate weapons, armor, and sky armor.
Each of them requires a different process and upgrading them takes time and effort, but the reward is well worth it.
In this guide, I will explain how to get ultimate weapons, armor, and sky armor in Chained Echoes. In addition, I will showcase how to get all rusty weapons and Souls of Farnese, which are essential components for getting ultimate weapons.
How to Get Ultimate Weapons in Chained Echoes
Ultimate weapons are end-game items that require gathering Rusty Weapons and combining them with Souls of Farnese.
After completing the side quest ‘A Hammer Beating in the Sky’, which is unlocked within the final parts of Magic Academy Nhysa, you’ll be able to visit the home of Vaehl.
Vaehl allows you to combine a Rusty Weapon with a Soul of Farnese to create the equivalent Ultimate Weapon.
All Rusty Weapon Locations in Chained Echoes
There are 12 rusty weapons in total in the game and here’s how to get each of them.
- Rusty Sword/Durandal (Glenn) – Complete the side quest ‘Into the Maelstrom’. This is automatically unlocked after finishing the main story quest ‘Searching for a Princess’.
- Rusty Spear/Gale Bug (Lenne) – Use the Church key found in the final room of the Empyrean Ruins to get into the church at the Flower Fields of Perpetua. Interact with one of the paintings there to locate the hidden shrine in the north of Valandris. Solve the puzzle at the temple and you’ll be rewarded with the Rusty Spear.
- Rusty Bow/Pinaka (Robb) – Complete the side quest ‘No Place for Happy Endings’. This is found in Flandern, after completing the main story quest.
- Rusty Rapier/Pappenheimer (Victor) – Found at Rohlan Fields, in a locked mansion in the middle of the lake. To unlock the mansion, travel northwest in Rohlan Fields, above the Eternal Flame Temple.
- Rusty Katana/Masamune (Sienna) – Complete the quest ‘Two-Winged Angels’, then buy Balthasar Sky Armor from Norgant, located at Kortana Mountain Range. After that, Norgant will also sell the Rusty Katana.
- Rusty Gun/Jager (Amalia) – Recruit Jack at the Fiorwoods to clear the camp and when he’s done you’ll find the Rusty Gun in a chest.
- Rusty Gunspear/Vel (Egyl) – Deactivate the ether cannons of Shambala and then go to the isolated islands at the bottom right of Flying Continent Shambala.
- Rusty Amulet/Lapis Lazuli Amulet (Ba’Thraz) – Complete Leonar’s temple.
- Rusty Knuckles/ Vajra-Mushti (Mikah) – Chain 96 completed objectives on the reward board.
- Rusty Anchor/Northilol (Tomke) – Complete the side quest ‘A Little Vacation’ and you’ll unlock a resort in the southeast of Valandis. Travel there and you’ll find the Rusty Anchor on the beach.
- Rusty Greatsword/Sin Eater (Raphael) – Located in Ograne Grottos, check the Sky Armor section for more details on how to get there.
- Rusty Cards (Magnolia) – Defeat all unique monsters on the reward board and speak to the guild leader in Tormund.
All Soul of Farnese Locations in Chained Echoes
Like rusty weapons, there are 12 total Souls of Farnese, and here are their locations.
- Rohlan Fields – Travel through the Baalrut Tunnel
- Narselene Sewers – Travel through the Baalrut Tunnel after finishing the story part and find the water handle in the pipe area.
- Flower Fields of Perpetua – Travel to the desert and follow the arrows in the sand until you find the market spot.
- Ryrmeier Castle – Stand near the west wall and follow the red carpet through the hidden path until you find a treasure chest.
- Phioran Village – Get the Diving Bell (see Ultimate Sky Armor section) and go to the southwest of Arkant.
- Complete the side quest ‘A Little Vacation’
- Complete quest ‘Two Winged Angel’, buy the Rusty Katana from Norgant, and then you can buy it from Norgant.
- Reach Hermit’s Isle level 4
- Northwest of Arkant Archipelago
- Southwest of Perpetua
- Reach Hermit’s Isle level 4
- Reward Board
How to Get Ultimate Armor in Chained Echoes
Ultimate armor is fairly straightforward to acquire. Specifically, players can get ultimate armor in Chained Echoes through the ‘Deals’ section.
Other than money, it will require certain rare items gained from end-game enemies that can be hard to acquire. For instance, players will need the following materials to unlock the Ultimate Light Armor.
- 4x Old Nipple
- 1x Goblin Head
- 2x Earth Core
- 1x Caterpillar
- 5,000 coins
Since some of these items can be hard to get, I recommend using crystals and passives to increase item drop rates. This will make farming for ultimate armor significantly easier.
How to Get Ultimate Sky Armor in Chained Echoes
As for Sky Armor, there are various high-tier options available. To unlock them, you first need to get the Elevator Key from the office in the Academy of Nhysa. Then, travel to Ramina’s Tower and use the Elevator Key to unlock floor 1.
Follow the path from there until you reach Ograne Grottos. From there, head west to find a secret merchant, who will sell you a Golden Voucher (also buy the Diving Bell to unlock a different area).
The Golden Voucher can be given to a merchant on Hooge, allowing you to access the highest tier of Sky Armor.
To sum up, that’s everything you need to know on how to get ultimate weapons, armor, and sky armor in Chained Echoes. In addition, now you know where to find all rusty weapons and Souls of Farnese in the game.
If you enjoyed reading this guide, consider checking out our list of all characters available in Chained Echoes. This way, you’ll have an idea of which characters have ultimate weapons.
Which type of end-game gear are you going to prioritize? Will you try to get all rusty weapons and Souls of Farnese? Let us know in the comments below.