Are you interested in creating the strongest ship for space combat? Here are the best weapons for your ship in Starfield.
With four different types of weapons to choose from and dozens of options in each weapon type, finding the best one is no easy task.
In this guide, I will list the best weapons for your ship in Starfield and explain all the weapon types available.
Before moving on and investing in weapons, check out our list of the five best ships in Starfield and how to get them.
All Ship Weapon Types in Starfield
There are four weapon types in Starfield and the main difference between them is damage to different areas of enemy ships and reload speed. Specifically, here are all the weapon types:
- Lasers: Deals high damage against Shields but low damage against Hulls.
- Ballistic: Deals high damage against Hulls but low damage against Shields.
- Particle Beams: Deals medium damage to both Shields and Hulls.
- Missiles: Deals high damage to both Shields and Hulls but has a high reload speed.
Thus, you should choose a weapon based on which part of the enemy ship you’re targeting. If unsure of which one to choose, the best weapon type in Starfield is Particle Beams weapons as they are useful in every scenario.
However, also having a Missile weapon can be useful if you don’t mind the long recharge time.
Best Ship Weapons in Starfield
As for specific weapons, it’s ideal to include a combination of weapons in your ship while focusing on Particle Beams mostly. Based on that, the best ship weapons in Starfield are the following:
- PBO-300 Auto Alpha Beam (best overall)
- PBO-300 Auto Alpha Turret (best overall)
- Marauder 115N Railgun Turret (ideal for Hull damage)
- Dragon 261 SX Laser Turret (ideal for shield damage)
- Firebolt 4000 Suppressor (ideal for Electromagnetic damage)
- Atlatl 280C Missile Launcher (highest damage stats)
Overall, choosing the best weapon for your ship should depend on your preferences. You can mix and match from this list or simply fill your ship with the two PBO weapons and take down enemies without trouble.
Keep in mind that if you want to board enemy ships and thus must target and take down engines in Starfield first, you must disable auto weapons.
If you’re interested in that playstyle, I recommend avoiding auto weapons.
In conclusion, the best weapons in Starfield are Particle Beams weapons as they deal equal damage to Hulls and Shields. Specifically, the best ones are the PBO-300 Auto Alpha Turret and PBO-300 Auto Alpha Beam.
However, if you want to target engines and board enemy ships, you should avoid auto turrets overall and use laser-type weapons such as the Dragon 261 SX Laser Turret.
What’s your go-to weapon? What do you think about the recommended options? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you’re interested in spicing up your gaming experience and trying out ship builds without being limited by overlapping modules, check out our list of the best mods for Starfield.