Are you tired of playing under the same username every day in Roblox? Or do you have a better idea for a username in your head? Well, you can easily change your username on Roblox and I’m here to tell you how to do it.
Fortunately, Roblox hasn’t made it too difficult. The process is rather quick and straightforward; but here’s the catch, you’ll need to pay 1000 Robux to change your username!
With these in mind, let’s see everything you need to do in order to change your username in the game!
Username vs Display Name
There’s a big difference between the Username and Display Name in Roblox and this can create confusion among gamers. While changing the username requires 1000 Robux, changing the display name is free.
The username usually starts with an “@” character and is different for each and every player in the game. It’s used to identify a certain player in the game.
On the contrary, display name is the one that’s displayed on your chats and can be seen over the head of your character. Display names can be changed to almost anything you like with no extra cost.
Do you still want to change your username on Roblox? Yes? Then, let’s continue!
To change your username, you will need to have at least 1000 Robux on your Roblox account. If you already have that much Robux on your account, you can skip to the next step.
While there are numerous ways to earn Robux for free, the most secure way is to purchase Robux from the Roblox website. It’s just a few simple steps:
- Log in to your account on the Roblox website.
- Click on “Robux” from the top Menu. You can see three different amounts of Robux for different prices.
- To purchase Robux, click on the Robux value you want, which will direct you to the card and purchase process.
- You can complement your purchase through various payment methods, such G-Pay, Credit Cards, etc.
- You can purchase 400 and then 800 Robux, or 1700 Robux in one go. Just make sure you have more than 1000 Robux.
How to Change Roblox Username on PC
- Firstly, click on the “Wheels” icon on the top-right corner in the Roblox website and navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Click on the “Pen and Paper” icon along the “Username” section.
- If your account is verified, you may need to enter the email address of your Roblox account and verify your email.
- Once verified, you’ll be redirected to the window where you’ll be asked to enter your desired username. For security purposes, you’ll also need to enter the password.
- When you’re satisfied with a unique username, hit “Buy”.
- Close and reopen the webpage to ensure that your username has changed correctly.
How to Change Roblox Username on Xbox
- Firstly, make sure you’re signed in to your Xbox account that contains the Roblox game.
- Open the Roblox game app.
- Sign in to the game using your required username and password of the Roblox account.
- Once you’re in the game, look for the “wheels” or “gear” icon in the game menu.
- Select the icon and enter the “Settings” window, just like all our previous username-changing processes.
- In the “Account Info” section, you’ll first need to verify the email address of your Roblox account. If it’s already verified, that’s even better!
- Click on the button near the Username option in the same section.
- A new window opens, which will ask you to enter the new username and the account password, again.
- When you’re done, you can restart the game and see your new username for yourself!
As you can see, changing your username isn’t that big of a deal in Roblox. You can change it from almost any kind of platform in which Roblox can be played, starting from Desktops to Android phones.
For example, if you’re someone who wants to show off your flair with sword/katana and choose your name likewise, you can do that through the very quick and simple process.
The only drawback to this is the expenditure of 1000 Robux, which is found to be an extremely inconvenient feature for the majority of the gaming community.