The Lost One is a quest in Contraband Police. It starts with an incoming call telling the player to investigate the beating and abduction of a sawmill worker.
For this quest, players will have to travel to various places around the map, investigate for evidence, and decide whether to help or leave Grigory Belov in the end.
In this Contraband Police quest guide, I will explain how to complete The Lost One by going through all the steps of the quest.
The Lost One Quest Guide in Contraband Police – How to Complete
The Lost One is a fairly big quest in Contraband Police. It starts with a call telling you to talk to the Sawmill Manager. Let’s break up each part of this quest into steps:
- Go to the Sawmill and talk to the Sawmill Manager – You can find him inside the Sawmill and he’ll tell you to search the car nearby for clues)
- Search the car – On the road, there will be a beige car that you’ll need to search. Specifically, there will be a wallet on the floor, behind the right seat, which will lead you to Dimitri.
- Talk to Dimitri Kozlov – He can be found at the back of the Sawmill building and he’ll give you a note guiding you toward the Old Ruins.
- Search the Old Ruins – Follow the quest marker to the Old Ruins and prepare for combat since you’ll need to defeat many enemies there. Then, you’ll have to search the Old Ruins by going inside the building and finding a room in the back. From there, pick up the letter on the desk, which will lead you to the Labor Camp.
- Go to the Labor Camp and question Ivan – Find the prisoner Ivan in the Labor Camp.
- Make the Prisoner talk – To make Ivan talk, you’ll have to hit him with the Crowbar tool three times and he’ll tell you where to find the man you’re looking for.
- Find Belov in the Cemetery – Head to the cemetery and enter the main building from the back door.
Now you have to decide whether to help Grigory Belov or leave him there, which is an important decision for your story route.
Should you Help or Leave Grigory Belov in The Lost One in Contraband Police?
For the final part of this quest, you’ll need to decide whether to help or leave Grigory Belov, whom you just found laying on the floor bleeding.
Based on what you’ll do, you will follow one of the two available story routes. Helping Belov will lead you to the government route while leaving him will lead you to the rebel route.
Overall, make sure to decide based on what you did when choosing to arrest or release Gavrilov.
If you released Gavrilov, then you should also leave Belov and thus commit to the rebel route. If you arrested Gavrilov, make sure to help Belov based on the government route.
And that’s all you need to complete The Lost One quest.
To summarize this Contraband Police guide, players can complete The Lost One quest by following the clues until they find Belov. Then, they can choose to help him and follow the government route, or leave him and join the rebels’ side.
You can select either option, based on the story side you want to follow.
Did you decide to help or leave Belov? Which route are you following? Let us know in the comments below.
With this quest completed, consider checking out our guide on how to get promoted and progress in the game quickly.