Gloom Hands, also known as Red Hands or Gloom Spawns, are unique enemies in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom that look like floating red hands.
They can be found in various locations in the Surface and in the Depths and are fairly hard to defeat.
This guide will showcase all Gloom Hands locations in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and provide some tips on how to defeat them easily.
For more enemy guides, don’t forget to check out our article on how to defeat Hinox in TotK, one of the mini-bosses that can be found in the open world.
Gloom Hands Locations in TotK
There are 12 Gloom Hands spawn locations in the Surface of Hyrule in Tears of the Kingdom.
Keep in mind that defeating the Gloom Hands in Great Hyrule Forest and Lindor’s Brow Cave will spawn the Phantom Ganon miniboss.
As for the Depths, there are two Gloom Hands spawns there.
Defeating the Gloom Hands in the Chasm inside Deku Tree will cause the Phantom Ganon to spawn. Also, when fighting the Gloom Hands in Gloom’s Approach, you won’t be able to use Sages during the fight.
How to Beat Gloom Hands in TotK
Finding Gloom Hands isn’t the hard part; defeating them is. It’s important to come prepared before trying to fight them, so here are the tips for defeating Gloom Hands in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Equip the Depths Armor – It offers gloom resistance, which reduces damage taken by Gloom Hands.
- Cook Sundelion Dishes – They replenish gloom hearts, so they’re extremely helpful for this fight.
- Be prepared to kill all five of them – If you don’t kill all five Gloom Hands fast, they will start respawning, which will make the fight unbeatable.
- Have small fairies in your inventory – If things go south, these fairies can revive you and serve as a get-out-of-jail card. If you don’t have any, check out our guide on all small fairy locations in TotK.
- Get to high ground and deal AoE damage – Gloom Hands can’t climb, so they’ll stack right below you if you go up a hill. Then, use any AoE damage of your choice like Bomb Flowers to take them out all together.
With these tips, as long as your weapon and armor set are strong enough, you will be able to take down the Gloom Hands and be prepared for the Phantom Ganon fight afterward.
To sum up this Zelda Tears of the Kingdom guide, Gloom Hands can be found in various places around the Surface in Hyrule and occasionally in the Depths.
To defeat Gloom Hands easily, bring gloom resistance armor and food, equip your strongest weapon, and try to kill them all quickly before they start respawning.
Why are you hunting Gloom Hands? Are you after a specific drop or did you come accross them while exploring and want to take them down for the fun of it? Let us know in the comments below.
Before leaving, consider upgrading your horse by checking out our guide on all special horse locations in Tears of the Kingdom.