One of the most fearful enemies in the game is Terromorphs, infamous for their large size and immense strength. Let’s examine how to find and defeat Terrormorphs in Starfield.
Overall, they can be found in various locations and to defeat them, use strong weapons, aim for their heads, use your Boost Pack, and bring in companions to help you.
In this guide, I will explain how to find and defeat Terrormorphs in Starfield while also mentioning all the rewards and drops you can get by killing them.
If you’re more interested in space combat, check out our guide on how to target engines in Starfield and immobilize enemy ships easily.
How to Defeat Terrormorphs in Starfield
To defeat Terrormorphs in Starfield, while there’s no easy workaround, there are some useful tips that can make your life easier:
- Bring your strongest close or mid-range weapon – unique weapons or any weapon with Radiation damage is highly recommended.
- Aim for headshots – Headshots have a chance to land a critical attack, which deals significant damage.
- Kite them with your Boost Pack – Terrormorphs are extremely mobile and deal high damage if you get too close; make sure to use your boost pack and keep a safe distance.
- Bring a companion – Any extra help is appreciated here and companions will help by taking the Terrormorph’s attention and dealing extra damage.
Also, make sure to memorize its attack patterns. Specifically, the Terrormorph has the following dangerous moves:
- Acid Spit – Shoots a ball of acid towards you. Dodge on the side quickly to avoid it.
- Burrow – Burrows into the ground and disappears. After a few seconds, it appears next to you and starts attacking. Be prepared to use your Boost Pack once it burrows into the ground.
- Stumble – While on low HP, the Terrormorph will start stumbling. Try to get close and finish it off with a melee weapon to save some ammo.
With these tips, you’re ready to take down a Terrormorph easily.
How to Find Terrormorphs
While Terrormorphs are located on every planet and can spawn anywhere, the best places to find them include Tau Ceti II, Toliman II, and Kreet.
Alternatively, the easiest way to find one is by following the UC Vanguard faction storyline. If you haven’t started it yet, check out our guide on whether you should join the UC Vanguard or not in Starfield and how to join them.
Terrormorph Drops in Starfield
Taking down Terrormoprhs can be helpful as they drop a wide variety of useful materials. Specifically, here are all the rewards you can get by defeating a Terrormorph in Starfield:
- Alien Genetic Material
- Quark-Degenerate Tissues
Keep in mind that each time you defeat one, you’ll randomly get some of these drops. If you want a specific item or all of them, you’ll need to kill more than one Terrormorph.
Thankfully, after reading this complete guide about them, finding and killing one should be significantly easier.
In conclusion, to defeat Terrormorphs in Starfield, bring your best weapons, aim for headshots, kite with your Boost Pack, bring a companion, and memorize their attack patterns.
You’ll be able to find them on almost every planet, especially Tau Ceti II, Toliman II, and Kreet. As a reward for slaying them, you’ll get a wide variety of unique and useful materials, so it’s definitely worth the effort.
How many Terrormorphs have you slain so far? Are you looking for a specific item as a drop to craft something? Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and strategies in the comments section below.
Before leaving, if you’re looking to try a different game, check out our list of the best games like Starfield.