Are you trying to join a heist but the game keeps disconnecting you? Here’s how to fix the matchmaking error in Payday 3.
This is a common issue, especially during the early-release launch that prevents players from joining heists completely.
In this guide, I will explain how to fix the matchmaking error in Payday 3 to help you continue playing without issue.
How to Fix Payday 3 Matchmaking Error
If you’re trying to join a heist and get the messages “Matchmaking Error” and “Server Disconnected”, you’re facing the matchmaking error.
However, this issue is most often caused because of the inconsistency of the Payday 3 servers and not because of your internet connection. This is natural as the game has just launched and the servers aren’t stable yet.
However, since it may also be caused because of your network, there are some solutions you can try. Specifically, to fix the Payday 3 matchmaking error, try the following solutions:
- Check the official Payday Twitter account if there are any updates about the servers being down or having issues.
- Check the Steam discussion forum of Payday to see if other users are facing similar issues.
- Wait a few minutes. Sometimes, the servers are under heavy load and will block you temporarily from joining. If this still doesn’t work, the issue is likely caused because of your network.
- Restart your game and network.
- Allow Payday 3 to run through your antivirus.
- If the issue persists, consider contacting the Payday 3 support troubleshooting team.
Keep in mind that Payday 3 is playable only online, which means you have to go through matchmaking to join a heist. If you’re facing the matchmaking error, you won’t be able to play the game at all.
Don’t forget that the game was released very recently and thus, matchmaking issues are normal. As the days go by and the developers introduce new updates, servers will become more stable.
In conclusion, to fix the matchmaking error in Payday 3, check the official forums if any server issues are mentioned or restart your network and allow it to run without being blocked by your antivirus.
Since the game is fairly new, server issues are common and you may simply have to wait it out until it’s fixed. Usually, it only takes a few minutes.
Which solution fixed the issue for you? On which platform are you playing? Don’t hesitate to share your Payday 3 early-access experiences in the comments below.