Couple things I want to talk about.
First, in a very surprising move, DCS A-10 has been released:
“DCS: A-10C WARTHOG” Released
DUXFORD, UK, February 21, 2011 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer “DCS: A-10C Warthog” as a digital download for $59.99.
Purchase “DCS: A-10C Warthog” at:
“DCS: A-10C Warthog” is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in “Game” mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucuses region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.
• Fly the A-10C “Warthog” in either realistic or game modes.
• Fly missions in Georgia and Russia.
• Interactive training missions shallow the learning curve dramatically.
• Rich campaigns and single missions included.
• Multiplayer cooperative and head-to-head.
• Mission and Campaign editors allow user created content.
• The most realistic flight dynamics ever done for a PC simulation.
• Huge array of land, air and sea units to flight along and against.
• Ability to command ground forces during missions with radio commands.
• Fully interactive Forward Air Controller (FAC) that helps you find targets.
Operating system: 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, and 7
Processor: CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
Hard disk space: 7 GB
Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT DirectX 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
If you’re even slightly interested in flight sims, or even the A-10 (…sexiest aircraft evarrrrr…) then I HIGHLY recommend you get this. Now.
Second. Rift beta is over and now we all wait patiently for the head start, which starts Feb. 24th. I am taking Friday off in celebration of this event. Note: I have never taken a day off work for an MMO launch. Yes, I’m that excited for Rift to start. I did break my boycott of the game last night because I just had to try the twitter functionality….and…yeah, try one more build as well. Despite my initial impression of the Cleric, I think I will be rolling a Rogue.
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.